COBIT5 Training and Certification Courses
Pass your COBIT5 Foundation, Implementer, and Assessor exam at the first sitting, advance your career and stay relevant with Harrybaker’s COBIT5 training.
360 guidance & support
Excellent course delivery
Expert course instructors
Exam preparation resources
35 credit units (PDUs)
Join our public class
LEARNING OUTCOME & CURRICULUM
Equipping you with skills employers are looking for.
Our COBIT 5 Training courses are designed to equip you with the right knowledge, framework, principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase trust in, and value from, information systems.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Manage IT issues that affect organizations.
- Apply COBIT 5 in practical situations
- Use COBIT 5 with other standards and best practices.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Analyze enterprise drivers effectively.
- Assess current process capability.
- Avoid potential implementation pitfalls.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Plan improvements using good practices.
- Create a performance measurement framework using COBIT 5 metrics and scorecards
- Support IT management capability using the COBIT maturity models.
The COBIT5 Training courses are aimed at:
Don’t take our word for it! See what other learners have got to say
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructors with industry and training experience
CAREER PATH & ADVICE
The career ladder is easier to climb when the path is clear. Explore the project management career paths and choose your path
Not sure which career to choose or which way to go? Book time with a Career Advisor for personal development.
END-TO-END SUPPORT & GUIDANCE
You are not alone. In addition to email, phone and live chat, we support learners with:
Get in touch
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have answers to some of your questions about the COBIT5 training and certification
About virtual live COBIT 5 training course
Harrybaker's virtual live COBIT 5 training is an instructor-led live virtual training/course that is designed to give you a ‘wow’ learning experience. Participants in our virtual training leverage the power of technology to interact, assimilate, and share learning experiences.
How does Harrybaker’s virtual live COBIT 5 Training course work and what would I get?
To get the ‘wow’ learning experience, we have designed our COBIT 5 virtual training into three distinct stages:
Before the COBIT 5 Training commences
- Joining instruction: Once you have registered for the course, we’ll send you a “Joining Instruction”. This contains information about the training, how to join the live class, and what you require to have a hitch-free live-course.
- Pre-course learning and assignment: We’ll send you the COBIT 5 Training pre-course (containing assignment). The details about the pre-course will be contained in the Joining Instruction. We expected you to submit your assignment before the live-class.
- Technical set-up and device testing: Our account managers will guide you through the testing of your device. They’ll also simulate the COBIT 5 virtual live class with you.
In the course of the COBIT 5 training
- Instructor-led virtual live class: The instructor will make learning fun and interactive by sharing his experience. To enhance learning, the live instructor will make use of screen-sharing, virtual whiteboard and other remote learning aids. In addition, participants will engage in activities such as group work, end-of-concept quizzes, and questions can be asked in the live session.
- Technical support: If you encounter any technical issue, our technical support will be happy to help.
- Assignments: You’ll be required to participate in individual and group assignments. The instructor will give specific instructions during the live class.
- Class recordings: We’ll record every live session. You’ll have access to the recorded session, after a session.
After the COBIT 5 training
- Study group: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”. At the completion of the live course, you have the option to join a study group.
- Class recordings: We’ll grant you 60-day access to all the class recordings.
- Course completion certificate: You’ll receive a course completion e-certificate at the end of the COBIT 5 training.
- Ongoing support: After the COBIT 5 training, should you require any help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Why opt for Harrybaker's virtual live COBIT 5 training course?
- Easy Assimilation
- Experienced Instructors: Our COBIT 5 training live virtual classes are led by experts and consultants. From their wealth of experience, they cite easy-to-understand real-life examples to drive home learning.
- Well-paced Delivery: No information overload! Our COBIT 5 training virtual class lasts 8 hours, with breaks in-between.
- Pre-course, In-Course and Post-Course Engagement: Our COBIT 5 training is an immersive learning experience. It is laden with pre-course learning, individual assignments, group work, in-class exercises, end-of-concept quizzes and questions practices.
- Enhanced Knowledge Retention
- Immediate feedback: The instructor will provide feedback in the live class.
- Access to session recordings: Participants will be granted access to the class recordings.
- Peer-to-peer learning: Participants will be put into groups to foster peer-to-peer learning and reinforce learning.
- Highly Participative
- Weekly Team Lead responsibility: To foster collaboration among participants, groups will be created where each participant is expected to play the role of Team Lead at least once during the course.
- Course Fee: It costs less.
- Time: You save the time spent commuting to the training venue, as you can join the virtual sessions from your current location anywhere in the world.
- Travel: Enjoy savings on travel expenses (flight tickets etc).
- Accommodation: Enjoy savings on hotel/accommodation costs.
- Quality while leveraging technology: You can be sure of the same high standard of quality delivery when joining as the instructor will be with you live, as against recorded video sessions.
- Safety Guarantee: In consideration of the current health concerns of COVID-19, this presents you with learning from the comfort of your own home/location.
- Career Advancement: With our COBIT 5 Training, you can complete your learning in a specified number of days and get certified, as research shows that there is an ever-growing demand for certified project managers in today’s workplace.
Is the COBIT 5 exam included in the COBIT 5 training?
No, the COBIT 5 exam fee is NOT included in the training.
Will I get an official COBIT 5 manual?
No. However, you will only have access to the soft copy manual when you pay for the COBIT 5 exams.
How often is the COBIT 5 training held?
Please, refer to our training schedule above.
How many days is the COBIT 5 training?
Please, refer to our training schedule above.
What time does the COBIT 5 training start each day?
Harrybaker's COBIT 5 Training (virtual instructor-led virtual), among other things, embodies flexibility in terms of time.
Therefore, your course start time depends on the session you opt for.
Kindly refer to the COBIT 5 training schedule to learn the start time for different sessions.
When does the COBIT 5 training end each day?
Kindly refer to the COBIT 5 training schedule to be sure of the timing for your session.
What time should I join the virtual live COBIT 5 Training session?
The COBIT 5 live virtual class becomes accessible to participants 30 minutes before the start time.
You are expected to have joined the training 10 minutes before the start time to allow some time to resolve any technical issues that may arise and avoid missing out on any part of the COBIT 5 training.
Are there technical requirements for the virtual live COBIT 5 Training course?
To join the COBIT 5 training (virtual live instructor-led training), you need:
- A computer or tablet or a smartphone. We highly recommend you use a computer (PC).
- A webcam (optional)
- A headset (or a microphone and speakers)
- A reasonably quiet place
- A reliable internet connection
- Zoom Meeting installed on your device. Although you can access Zoom on a mobile device or through your browser, we recommend the PC or Mac App for the best experience.
To set up the Zoom Meeting in preparation for the live session, follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Download Zoom application on your PC from https://zoom.us/support/download
- Step 2: Launch the Zoominstaller.exe file to install Zoom on your PC
- Step 3: Launch the Zoom App on the PC.
Detailed information is available on the Zoom website where you can also test whether your infrastructure meets the technical requirements.
What do I need to bring along for the COBIT 5 training?
Just like a typical classroom training, you would need a notepad, pen and other relevant COBIT 5 training materials which will be communicated to you.
Can I miss a class?
We expect you to attend all classes. However, if due to some unavoidable circumstances you miss a class, we have got you covered. The COBIT 5 training class sessions are recorded, so you have nothing to worry about.
What is the virtual live COBIT 5 training fee?
Please, refer to our COBIT 5 training schedule.
How do I register for the virtual live COBIT 5 training course as an individual?
To register, refer to the COBIT 5 training schedule above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any of your preferred sessions and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Registration is only complete when you make a part or full payment for the COBIT 5 training course.
How do I register for the virtual live COBIT 5 training course as an organization?
To register your staff for the training, kindly refer to our COBIT 5 training above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any session of your choosing and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Additionally, you will be required to confirm your delegates' availability for the course to secure a space for them in the class.
How do I make payment for the virtual live COBIT 5 Training course?
You can make payment in full or in installment in the following ways:
- Cash payment at our office.
- Online transfer or Bank deposit to our corporate bank account below:
Bank: Zenith Bank Plc.
Account number: 1014180706
Account name: Harrybaker Training Institute
Can I pay for the virtual live COBIT 5 training course in installment?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, complete payment is required for admittance into the
COBIT 5 virtual class.
How does Harrybaker help with enrollment?
We send documents such as invoices, course enrolment letters, registration letters, etc. that will speed up your process of attending the COBIT 5 training.
What does the self-paced COBIT 5 training consist of?
Our self-paced COBIT 5 training course contains the following:
- Quizzes with different question styles that help to test your understanding.
- Exam practice questions that will familiarize you with the real exam.
- Progress monitoring (which keeps tab on how your learning is going)
- Play, stop and pause that puts you in total control of your learning
- Excellent instructor support
How do I subscribe for the self-paced COBIT 5 training course
To subscribe, you are required to make payment. Once your payment is confirmed, you will be sent your login details which gives you access to our learning portal.
Can I pay in installments for the self-paced COBIT 5 training course?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, access to the COBIT 5 training course will only be granted when you make complete payment.
Do I need a special device to access the self-paced COBIT 5 training course content?
No, you do not need any special device to access the course. You can access the COBIT 5 training content on different devices (e.g. PC, tablet, phone, etc.).
What do I do if I am unable to access the self-paced COBIT 5 training course content?
Although this happens in rare cases, kindly send us a mail or call us should you find it difficult to log in or any other issue for that matter.
At the completion of the self-paced COBIT 5 training, what kind of certificate would I get?
At the completion of the COBIT 5 self-paced learning course, you would get a course completion certificate.
Is the self-paced COBIT 5 training course enough to pass the COBIT 5 exam?
Emphatically, yes! Our self-paced COBIT 5 training covers the entire COBIT 5 exam syllabus with carefully arranged videos, end-of-chapter quizzes and exam practice questions. There are also Mock Exams which put you in a position where you can sit and pass the COBIT 5 exam at once.
How does the COBIT 5 exam registration option work?
As the name suggests, it involves paying for the exam registration in dollars.
Kindly contact us for price information.
Once payment is made for the exam only, we’ll grant you access to our self-paced eLearning (which is accessible via our online learning portal) for 7 days after which you can sit your exam at your own preferred date.
How do I book for the COBIT 5 exam?
You do not need to worry about the exam booking. We’ll book your exam once you make payment. However, we need up to three days prior notice before the date you want to sit your exam. This is to enable us to book your exam.
How do I register for the COBIT 5 exam?
Once we book the exam, you will receive an email from APMG to complete the registration for the exam.
How soon can I sit the COBIT 5 exam after making payment?
You have the flexibility to choose when you want to sit your can. You can sit the COBIT 5 exam whenever you choose provided you are well prepared for it.
What does the COBIT 5 exam fee cover?
The COBIT 5 exam fee covers:
- Exam registration
- Ongoing support
What is COBIT 5?
COBIT 5 is a professional IT certification based on ISACA’s renowned framework – focusing on achieving world-class governance of enterprise IT.
COBIT 5 certify your ability to:
- Utilize the COBIT 5 framework to achieve world-class governance of enterprise IT.
- Help bridge the IT department with the wider business through a common language.
- Maximize the value generated by enterprise IT.
- Align IT with a business' strategic goals.
- Understand business requirements, mission objectives and their priorities.
- Enable organizations to achieve compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
- Improve an organization’s integration of information security.
What are COBIT 5 prerequisites?
There are no formal requirements for sitting the COBIT 5 Foundation exam.
To be eligible for the COBIT 5 Implementation or COBIT 5 Assessor exams, you must have successfully completed and passed the COBIT 5 Foundation exam.
However, there are no requirements for attending the COBIT 5 Foundation, COBIT 5 Implementation or COBIT 5 Assessor exams.
Of what benefit is COBIT 5 to me?
The benefits of the COBIT 5 qualification are numerous; some of which are:
- Improved salary
- Increased marketability
- Enhanced confidence in the management of IT services in an enterprise.
To know more about how the COBIT 5 qualification will benefit you, see our ‘COBIT 5 Benefits’ page.
Of what benefit is COBIT 5 to my organization?
The following highlights some of the benefits of COBIT 5 to any organization.
- Information security: Improve your organization’s integration of information security
- Compliance: Enable your organization to achieve compliance with relevant laws.
- Business requirements: Understand business requirements, mission objectives and their priorities.
Please click here to learn more.
What kind of certificate would I get from APMG?
If you are successful in the COBIT 5 exam, you will get the electronic copy of your certificate from APMG, the EVM coordinating body.
What’s the difference between COBIT 5 Foundation, COBIT 5 Implementer and COBIT 5 Assessor?
COBIT 5 Foundation: The course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials
systematically and incorporates real-life scenarios to enhance the learner’s experience.
COBIT 5 Implementer: You will get a practical understanding of how to apply COBIT 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Additionally, you will learn how to effectively implement and apply COBIT 5 into your enterprise or how you can integrate components into client initiatives.
COBIT 5 Assessor: The programme provides enterprises and IT Audit professionals the
path and means to enhance their knowledge, demonstrate their skills ultimately preparing them to become a COBIT Certified Assessor.
Please click here to learn about these two qualifications.