Management of Portfolio (MoP) Training and Certification Courses
Pass your MoP Foundation and Practitioner exam at the first sitting, advance your career and stay relevant with Harrybaker’s Management of Portfolio training.
360 guidance & support
Excellent course delivery
Expert course instructors
Exam preparation resources
35 credit units (PDUs)
Join our public class
LEARNING OUTCOME & CURRICULUM
Equipping you with skills employers are looking for.
Our MoP Training courses are designed to equip you with the right knowledge of how portfolio management can maximize return on investment, start and sustain transformation.
Implement, Sustain and Measure
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Identify the approaches to assessing portfolio management maturity and the impact of portfolio management including examples of performance metrics that can be employed.
- Analyse whether measuring portfolio management has been undertaken appropriately in the context of a given scenario, with reasons.
- Describe approaches to assessing portfolio management maturity and the impact of portfolio management including examples of performance metrics that can be employed.
Strategic and Organizational Context
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Apply portfolio management and business as usual (BAU) coordination to deliver strategic objectives.
- Apply and tailor MoP to a given scenario.
- Apply portfolio management to support effective corporate governance.
Portfolio Management Principles
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Identify the keys to success in relation to portfolio management principles.
- Apply and tailor the portfolio management principles to a scenario.
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of the portfolio management principles to a scenario.
Portfolio Definition & Delivery Cycle
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Identify appropriate practices and techniques within the portfolio definition cycle.
- Analyze whether the approaches adopted are appropriate, with reasons, in a given scenario.
- Apply and tailor the practices, techniques and responsibilities of the portfolio delivery cycle to a scenario.
Roles & Definition
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Identify appropriate information, using typical contents, for inclusion in the relevant portfolio documentation.
- Analyze whether portfolio documentation is fit for purpose, with reasons.
- Identify appropriate application of the main portfolio management roles identified in MoP.
The Management of Portfolio (MoP) Training courses are aimed at:
Don’t take our word for it! See what other learners have got to say
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructors with industry and training experience
CAREER PATH & ADVICE
The career ladder is easier to climb when the path is clear. Explore the project management career paths and choose your path
Not sure which career to choose or which way to go? Book time with a Career Advisor for personal development.
END-TO-END SUPPORT & GUIDANCE
You are not alone. In addition to email, phone and live chat, we support learners with:
Get in touch
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have answers to some of your questions about the Management of Portfolio training and certification
What is the virtual live MoP Training course all about?
Harrybaker's virtual live MoP training is an instructor-led live virtual training/course that is designed to give you a ‘wow’ learning experience. Participants in our virtual training leverage the power of technology to interact, assimilate, and share learning experiences.
How does Harrybaker’s virtual live MoP Training course work and what would I get?
To get the ‘wow’ learning experience, we have designed our MoP virtual training into three distinct stages:
Before the MoP Training commences
- Joining instruction: Once you have registered for the course, we’ll send you a “Joining Instruction”. This contains information about the training, how to join the live class, and what you require to have a hitch-free live-course.
- Pre-course learning and assignment: We’ll send you the MoP Training pre-course (containing assignment). The details about the pre-course will be contained in the Joining Instruction. We expected you to submit your assignment before the live-class.
- Technical set-up and device testing: Our account managers will guide you through the testing of your device. They’ll also simulate the MoP virtual live class with you.
In the course of the MoP training
- Instructor-led virtual live class: The instructor will make learning fun and interactive by sharing his experience. To enhance learning, the live instructor will make use of screen-sharing, virtual whiteboard and other remote learning aids. In addition, participants will engage in activities such as group work, end-of-concept quizzes, and questions can be asked in the live session.
- Technical support: If you encounter any technical issue, our technical support will be happy to help.
- Assignments: You’ll be required to participate in individual and group assignments. The instructor will give specific instructions during the live class.
- Class recordings: We’ll record every live session. You’ll have access to the recorded session, after a session.
After the MoP training
- Study group: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”. At the completion of the live course, you have the option to join a study group.
- Class recordings: We’ll grant you 60-day access to all the class recordings.
- Course completion certificate: You’ll receive a course completion e-certificate at the end of the MoP training.
- Ongoing support: After the MoP training, should you require any help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Why opt for Harrybaker's virtual live MoP training course?
- Easy Assimilation
- Experienced Instructors: Our MoP training live virtual classes are led by experts and consultants. From their wealth of experience, they cite easy-to-understand real-life examples to drive home learning.
- Well-paced Delivery: No information overload! Our MoP training virtual class lasts 8 hours, with breaks in-between.
- Pre-course, In-Course and Post-Course Engagement: Our MoP training is an immersive learning experience. It is laden with pre-course learning, individual assignments, group work, in-class exercises, end-of-concept quizzes and questions practices.
- Enhanced Knowledge Retention
- Immediate feedback: The instructor will provide feedback in the live class.
- Access to session recordings: Participants will be granted access to the class recordings.
- Peer-to-peer learning: Participants will be put into groups to foster peer-to-peer learning and reinforce learning.
- Highly Participative
- Weekly Team Lead responsibility: To foster collaboration among participants, groups will be created where each participant is expected to play the role of Team Lead at least once during the course.
- Course Fee: It costs less.
- Time: You save the time spent commuting to the training venue, as you can join the virtual sessions from your current location anywhere in the world.
- Travel: Enjoy savings on travel expenses (flight tickets etc).
- Accommodation: Enjoy savings on hotel/accommodation costs.
- Quality while leveraging technology: You can be sure of the same high standard of quality delivery when joining as the instructor will be with you live, as against recorded video sessions.
- Safety Guarantee: In consideration of the current health concerns of COVID-19, this presents you with learning from the comfort of your own home/location.
- Career Advancement: With our MoP Training, you can complete your learning in a specified number of days and get certified, as research shows that there is an ever-growing demand for certified project managers in today’s workplace.
Is the MoP exam included in the MoP training?
No, the MoP exam fee is NOT included in the training.
Will I get an official MoP manual?
No. However, you will only have access to the soft copy manual when you pay for the MoP exams.
How often is the MoP training held?
Please, refer to our training schedule above
How many days is the MoP training?
Please, refer to our training schedule above.
What time does the MoP training start each day?
Harrybaker's MoP Training (virtual instructor-led virtual), among other things, embodies flexibility in terms of time.
Therefore, your course start time depends on the session you opt for.
Kindly refer to the MoP training schedule to learn the start time for different sessions.
When does the MoP training end each day?
Kindly refer to the MoP training schedule to be sure of the timing for your session.
What time should I join the virtual live MoP Training session?
The MoP live virtual class becomes accessible to participants 30 minutes before the start time.
You are expected to have joined the training 10 minutes before the start time to allow some time to resolve any technical issues that may arise and avoid missing out on any part of the MoP training.
Are there technical requirements for the virtual live MoP Training course?
To join the MoP training (virtual live instructor-led training), you need:
- A computer or tablet or a smartphone. We highly recommend you use a computer (PC).
- A webcam (optional)
- A headset (or a microphone and speakers)
- A reasonably quiet place
- A reliable internet connection
- Zoom Meeting installed on your device. Although you can access Zoom on a mobile device or through your browser, we recommend the PC or Mac App for the best experience.
To set up the Zoom Meeting in preparation for the live session, follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Download Zoom application on your PC from https://zoom.us/support/download
- Step 2: Launch the Zoominstaller.exe file to install Zoom on your PC
- Step 3: Launch the Zoom App on the PC.
Detailed information is available on the Zoom website where you can also test whether your infrastructure meets the technical requirements.
What do I need to bring along for the MoP training?
Just like a typical classroom training, you would need a notepad, pen and other relevant MoP training materials which will be communicated to you.
Can I miss a class?
We expect you to attend all classes. However, if due to some unavoidable circumstances you miss a class, we have got you covered. The MoP training class sessions are recorded, so you have nothing to worry about.
What is the virtual live MoP training fee?
Please, refer to our MoP training schedule.
How do I register for the virtual live MoP training course as an individual?
To register, refer to the MoP training schedule above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any of your preferred sessions and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Registration is only complete when you make a part or full payment for the MoP training course.
How do I register for the virtual live MoP training course as an organization?
To register your staff for the training, kindly refer to our MoP training above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any session of your choosing and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Additionally, you will be required to confirm your delegates' availability for the course to secure a space for them in the class.
How do I make payment for the virtual live MoP Training course?
You can make payment in full or in installment in the following ways:
- Cash payment at our office.
- Online transfer or Bank deposit to our corporate bank account below:
Bank: Zenith Bank Plc.
Account number: 1014180706
Account name: Harrybaker Training Institute
Can I pay for the virtual live MoP training course in installment?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, complete payment is required for admittance into the
MoP virtual class.
How does Harrybaker help with enrollment?
We send documents such as invoices, course enrolment letters, registration letters, etc. that will speed up your process of attending the MoP training.
What does the self-paced MoP training consist of?
Our self-paced MoP training course contains the following:
- Quizzes with different question styles that help to test your understanding
- Exam practice questions that will familiarise you with the real exam.
- Progress monitoring (which keeps tab on how your learning is going)
- Play, stop and pause that puts you in total control of your learning
- Excellent instructor support
How do I subscribe for the self-paced MoP training course
To subscribe, you are required to make payment. Once your payment is confirmed, you will be sent your login details which gives you access to our learning portal.
Can I pay in installments for the self-paced MoP training course?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, access to the MoP training course will only be granted when you make complete payment.
Do I need a special device to access the self-paced MoP training course content?
No, you do not need any special device to access the course. You can access the MoP training content on different devices (e.g. PC, tablet, phone, etc.).
What do I do if I am unable to access the self-paced MoP training course content?
Although this happens in rare cases, kindly send us a mail or call us should you find it difficult to log in or any other issue for that matter.
At the completion of the self-paced MoP training, what kind of certificate would I get?
At the completion of the MoP self-paced learning course, you would get a course completion certificate.
Is the self-paced MoP training course enough to pass the MoP exam?
Emphatically, yes! Our self-paced MoP training covers the entire MoP exam syllabus with carefully arranged videos, end-of-chapter quizzes and exam practice questions. There are also Mock Exams which put you in a position where you can sit and pass the MoP exam at once.
How does the MoP exam registration option work?
As the name suggests, it involves paying for the exam registration in dollars.
Kindly contact us for price information.
Once payment is made for the exam only, we’ll grant you access to our self-paced eLearning (which is accessible via our online learning portal) for 7 days after which you can sit your exam at your own preferred date.
How do I book for the MoP exam?
You do not need to worry about the exam booking. We’ll book your exam once you make payment. However, we need up to three days prior notice before the date you want to sit your exam. This is to enable us to book your exam.
How do I register for the MoP exam?
Once we book the exam, you will receive an email from Peoplecert to complete the registration for the exam.
How soon can I sit the MoP exam after making payment?
You have the flexibility to choose when you want to sit your can. You can sit the MoP exam whenever you choose provided you are well prepared for it.
What does the MoP exam fee cover?
The MoP exam fee covers:
- Exam registration
- Ongoing support
What is MoP?
MoP (Management of Portfolios) is comprised of principles, techniques, and practices that will assist your organization in the successful adoption of portfolio management.
MoP is concerned with two issues:
- How to choose the optimal projects and programmes to suit your organization’s strategic objectives
- How to execute them to optimize value for customers and other stakeholders.
It focuses on the change delivered by project and programme management as a whole, rather than the work of individual initiatives.
MoP is closely aligned with PRINCE2 and MSP. It helps senior executives and decision-makers to understand how portfolio management can maximize return on investment, and start and sustain transformation.
What are MoP prerequisites?
There are no formal requirements for sitting the MoP Foundation exam.
To be eligible for the MoP Practitioner exam, you must have successfully completed and passed the MoP Foundation exam.
However, there are no requirements for attending the MoP Foundation/Practitioner training.
Of what benefit is MoP to me?
The benefits of the MoP qualification are numerous; some of which are:
- It increases your employment prospects.
- It signifies your professionalism and risk management proficiency thereby increasing your earning potential.
- It increases your self confidence
To know more about how the MoP qualification will benefit you, see our ‘MoP Benefits’ page.
Of what benefit is MoP to my organization?
The following highlights some of the benefits of MoP to any organization.
- Strategy alignment: Aligns projects and programmes to organizational strategy.
- Decision making: It provides a disciplined environment for productive decision making
- Better business performance: Helps improve performance through more efficient use of resources.
Please click here to learn more.
What kind of certificate would I get from Axelos?
If you are successful in the MoP exam, you will get the electronic copy of your certificate from Axelos, the MoP coordinating body.
What’s the difference between MoP Foundation and MoP Practitioner?
The Foundation certification will give you sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office. The Foundation certification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
The Practitioner certification allows you to demonstrate an understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyze portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation in a practical context. You will be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio.
Please click here to learn about these two qualifications.