Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Training and Certification Courses
Pass your MSP Foundation and MSP Practitioner exam at the first sitting, advance your career and stay relevant with Harrybaker’s Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) training.
360 guidance & support
Excellent course delivery
Expert course instructors
Exam preparation resources
35 credit units (PDUs)
Join our public class
LEARNING OUTCOME & CURRICULUM
Equipping you with skills employers are looking for.
Our MSP Training courses are designed to equip you with the right programme management framework that helps you align programmes and projects to organizational strategy and enable enterprise agility.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Describe the characteristics of a programme and the common challenges that MSP is designed to address.
- Explain the MSP principles such as lead with purpose, collaborate across boundaries, deal with ambiguity, align with priorities, and deploy diverse skills, amongst others.
- Analyze the application of MSP principles in context.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Describe the key relationships between the ‘organization’ theme and the principles.
- Describe the purpose and responsibilities of the following roles: Sponsoring group (sponsoring group member), Programme board, and Programme office (programme office lead), amongst others.
- Analyse whether an approach to applying the ‘organization’ theme is effective and fit for purpose, taking into consideration: the programme’s environment, the MSP principles, and the purpose and requirements of the theme.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Analyze whether the ‘identify the programme’ process activities, roles and responsibilities are effective and fit for purpose, taking into consideration: the programme’s environment, the MSP principles, the themes, and the purpose and objectives of the process.
- Analyze whether the ‘close the programme’ process activities, roles and responsibilities are effective and fit for purpose, taking into consideration: the programme’s environment, the MSP principles, the themes, and the purpose and objectives of the process.
- Carry out the ‘deliver the capabilities’ process, demonstrating an
- understanding of the activities, inputs and outputs, the recommended roles and responsibilities within the process, and how the themes may be applied.
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Training courses are aimed at:
Don’t take our word for it! See what other learners have got to say
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructors with industry and training experience
CAREER PATH & ADVICE
The career ladder is easier to climb when the path is clear. Explore the project management career paths and choose your path
Not sure which career to choose or which way to go? Book time with a Career Advisor for personal development.
END-TO-END SUPPORT & GUIDANCE
You are not alone. In addition to email, phone and live chat, we support learners with:
Get in touch
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have answers to some of your questions about the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) training and certification
What is the virtual live MSP Training course all about?
Harrybaker's virtual live MSP training is an instructor-led live virtual training/course that is designed to give you a ‘wow’ learning experience. Participants in our virtual training leverage the power of technology to interact, assimilate, and share learning experiences.
How does Harrybaker’s virtual live MSP Training course work and what would I get?
To get the ‘wow’ learning experience, we have designed our MSP virtual training into three distinct stages:
Before the MSP Training commences
- Joining instruction: Once you have registered for the course, we’ll send you a “Joining Instruction”. This contains information about the training, how to join the live class, and what you require to have a hitch-free live-course.
- Pre-course learning and assignment: We’ll send you the MSP Training pre-course (containing assignment). The details about the pre-course will be contained in the Joining Instruction. We expected you to submit your assignment before the live-class.
- Technical set-up and device testing: Our account managers will guide you through the testing of your device. They’ll also simulate the MSP virtual live class with you.
In the course of the MSP training
- Instructor-led virtual live class: The instructor will make learning fun and interactive by sharing his experience. To enhance learning, the live instructor will make use of screen-sharing, virtual whiteboard and other remote learning aids. In addition, participants will engage in activities such as group work, end-of-concept quizzes, and questions can be asked in the live session.
- Technical support: If you encounter any technical issue, our technical support will be happy to help.
- Assignments: You’ll be required to participate in individual and group assignments. The instructor will give specific instructions during the live class.
- Class recordings: We’ll record every live session. You’ll have access to the recorded session, after a session.
After the MSP training
- Study group: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”. At the completion of the live course, you have the option to join a study group.
- Class recordings: We’ll grant you 60-day access to all the class recordings.
- Course completion certificate: You’ll receive a course completion e-certificate at the end of the MSP training.
- Ongoing support: After the MSP training, should you require any help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Why opt for Harrybaker's virtual live MSP training course?
- Easy Assimilation
- Experienced Instructors: Our MSP training live virtual classes are led by experts and consultants. From their wealth of experience, they cite easy-to-understand real-life examples to drive home learning.
- Well-paced Delivery: No information overload! Our MSP training virtual class lasts 8 hours, with breaks in-between.
- Precourse, In-Course and Post-Course Engagement: Our MSP training is an immersive learning experience. It is laden with pre-course learning, individual assignments, group work, in-class exercises, end-of-concept quizzes and questions practices.
- Enhanced Knowledge Retention
- Immediate feedback: The instructor will provide feedback in the live class.
- Access to session recordings: Participants will be granted access to the class recordings.
- Peer-to-peer learning: Participants will be put into groups to foster peer-to-peer learning and reinforce learning.
- Highly Participative
- Weekly Team Lead responsibility: To foster collaboration among participants, groups will be created where each participant is expected to play the role of Team Lead at least once during the course.
- Course Fee: It costs less.
- Time: You save the time spent commuting to the training venue, as you can join the virtual sessions from your current location anywhere in the world.
- Travel: Enjoy savings on travel expenses (flight tickets etc).
- Accommodation: Enjoy savings on hotel/accommodation costs.
- Quality while leveraging technology: You can be sure of the same high standard of quality delivery when joining as the instructor will be with you live, as against recorded video sessions.
- Safety Guarantee: In consideration of the current health concerns of COVID-19, this presents you with learning from the comfort of your own home/location.
- Career Advancement: With our MSP Training, you can complete your learning in a specified number of days and get certified, as research shows that there is an ever-growing demand for certified project managers in today’s workplace.
Is the MSP exam included in the MSP training?
No, the MSP exam fee is NOT included in the training.
Will I get an official MSP manual?
No. However, you will only have access to the soft copy manual when you pay for the MSP exams.
How often is the MSP training held?
Please, refer to our training schedule above.
How many days is the MSP training?
Please, refer to our training schedule above.
What time does the MSP training start each day?
Harrybaker's MSP Training (virtual instructor-led virtual), among other things, embodies flexibility in terms of time.
Therefore, your course start time depends on the session you opt for.
Kindly refer to the MSP training schedule to learn the start time for different sessions.
When does the MSP training end each day?
Kindly refer to the MSP training schedule to be sure of the timing for your session.
What time should I join the virtual live MSP Training session?
The MSP live virtual class becomes accessible to participants 30 minutes before the start time.
You are expected to have joined the training 10 minutes before the start time to allow some time to resolve any technical issues that may arise and avoid missing out on any part of the MSP training.
Are there technical requirements for the virtual live MSP Training course?
To join the MSP training (virtual live instructor-led training), you need:
- A computer or tablet or a smartphone. We highly recommend you use a computer (PC).
- A webcam (optional)
- A headset (or a microphone and speakers)
- A reasonably quiet place
- A reliable internet connection
- Zoom Meeting installed on your device. Although you can access Zoom on a mobile device or through your browser, we recommend the PC or Mac App for the best experience.
To set up the Zoom Meeting in preparation for the live session, follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Download Zoom application on your PC from https://zoom.us/support/download
- Step 2: Launch the Zoominstaller.exe file to install Zoom on your PC
- Step 3: Launch the Zoom App on the PC.
Detailed information is available on the Zoom website where you can also test whether your infrastructure meets the technical requirements.
What do I need to bring along for the MSP training?
Just like a typical classroom training, you would need a notepad, pen and other relevant MSP training materials which will be communicated to you.
Can I miss a class?
We expect you to attend all classes. However, if due to some unavoidable circumstances you miss a class, we have got you covered. The MSP training class sessions are recorded, so you have nothing to worry about.
What is the virtual live MSP training fee?
Please, refer to our MSP training schedule.
How do I register for the virtual live MSP training course as an individual?
To register, refer to the MSP training schedule above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any of your preferred sessions and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Registration is only complete when you make a part or full payment for the MSP training course.
How do I register for the virtual live MSP training course as an organisation?
To register your staff for the training, kindly refer to our MSP training above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any session of your choosing and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Additionally, you will be required to confirm your delegates' availability for the course to secure a space for them in the class.
How do I make payment for the virtual live MSP Training course?
You can make payment in full or in installment in the following ways:
- Cash payment at our office.
- Online transfer or Bank deposit to our corporate bank account below:
Bank: Zenith Bank Plc.
Account number: 1014180706
Account name: Harrybaker Training Institute
Can I pay for the virtual live MSP training course in installment?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, complete payment is required for admittance into the
MSP virtual class.
How does Harrybaker help with enrollment?
We send documents such as invoices, course enrolment letters, registration letters, etc. that will speed up your process of attending the MoR training.
What does the self-paced MSP training consist of?
Our self-paced MSP training course contains the following:
- Quizzes with different question styles that help to test your understanding
- Exam practice questions that will familiarise you with the real exam.
- Progress monitoring (which keeps tab on how your learning is going)
- Play, stop and pause that puts you in total control of your learning
- Excellent instructor support
How do I subscribe for the self-paced MSP training course
To subscribe, you are required to make payment. Once your payment is confirmed, you will be sent your login details which gives you access to our learning portal.
Can I pay in installments for the self-paced MSP training course?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, access to the MSP training course will only be granted when you make complete payment.
Do I need a special device to access the self-paced MSP training course content?
No, you do not need any special device to access the course. You can access the MSP training content on different devices (e.g. PC, tablet, phone, etc.).
What do I do if I am unable to access the self-paced MSP training course content?
Although this happens in rare cases, kindly send us a mail or call us should you find it difficult to log in or any other issue for that matter.
At the completion of the self-paced MSP training, what kind of certificate would I get?
At the completion of the MSP self-paced learning course, you would get a course completion certificate.
Is the self-paced MSP training course enough to pass the MSP exam?
Emphatically, yes! Our self-paced MSP training covers the entire MSP exam syllabus with carefully arranged videos, end-of-chapter quizzes and exam practice questions. There are also Mock Exams which put you in a position where you can sit and pass the MSP exam at once.
How does the MSP exam registration option work?
As the name suggests, it involves paying for the exam registration in dollars.
Kindly contact us for price information.
Once payment is made for the exam only, we’ll grant you access to our self-paced eLearning (which is accessible via our online learning portal) for 7 days after which you can sit your exam at your own preferred date.
How do I book for the MSP exam?
You do not need to worry about the exam booking. We’ll book your exam once you make payment. However, we need up to three days prior notice before the date you want to sit your exam. This is to enable us to book your exam.
How do I register for the MSP exam?
Once we book the exam, you will receive an email from Peoplecert to complete the registration for the exam.
How soon can I sit the MSP exam after making payment?
You have the flexibility to choose when you want to sit your can. You can sit the MoR exam whenever you choose provided you are well prepared for it.
What does the MSP exam fee cover?
The MSP exam fee covers:
- Exam registration
- Ongoing support
What is MSP?
MSP (Managing Successful Programmes), 5th edition is an established best practice programme management framework, designed to align programmes and projects to organizational strategy and enable enterprise agility. MSP focuses on the delivery of outcomes of benefit, while mitigating risk and actively engaging stakeholders.
MSP consists of a set of principles, themes, and processes that provide a clear roadmap for the programme lifecycle, including larger, more strategic, complex, or multiple projects.
The principles represent the characteristics of a successful programme.
The governance themes allow organizations to put the right leadership, organizational structures, and controls in place.
The processes provide a route through the lifecycle of a programme to deliver the new capability and desired outcomes.
What are MSP prerequisites?
There are no formal requirements for sitting the MoR Foundation exam.
To be eligible for the MSP Practitioner exam, you must have successfully completed and passed the MSP Foundation exam.
However, there are no requirements for attending the MSP Foundation/Practitioner training.
Of what benefit is MSP to me?
The benefits of the MoR qualification are numerous; some of which are:
- It increases your employment prospects.
- It signifies your professionalism and risk management proficiency thereby increasing your earning potential.
- It increases your self confidence
To know more about how the MSP qualification will benefit you, see our ‘MSP Benefits’ page.
Of what benefit is MSP to my organisation?
The following highlights some of the benefits of MoR to any organisation
- Strategy alignment: Aligns projects and programmes to organisational strategy.
- Decision making: It provides a disciplined environment for productive decision making
- Better business performance: Helps improve performance through more efficient use of resources.
Please click here to learn more.
What kind of certificate would I get from Axelos?
If you are successful in the MSP exam, you will get both the electronic copy of your certificate from Axelos, the MSP coordinating body.
What’s the difference between MSP Foundation and MSP Practitioner?
MSP Foundation is invaluable for individuals who are interested in learning how to manage multiple projects and programmes successfully. It is designed to support programme or project managers, people working in a programme office, business change managers, and programme and project delivery team members who wish to gain a greater understanding of the MSP guidance to work more effectively in large scale project or programme environments.
MSP Practitioner is designed for project, programme and business change managers who want to apply the MSP framework to real-life scenarios. Practitioner certification is a must-have certification for both project and programme management professionals who need to deliver organizational value for their employers and to boost their careers.
Please click here to learn about these two qualifications.