Service Desk Training and Certification Courses
Pass your Service Desk Analyst and Service Desk Manager exam at the first sitting, advance your career and stay relevant with Harrybaker’s Service Desk training.
360 guidance & support
Excellent course delivery
Expert course instructors
Exam preparation resources
35 credit units (PDUs)
LEARNING OPTIONS & PRICING
Choose an option that best suits you
Join our public class
LEARNING OUTCOME & CURRICULUM
Equipping you with skills employers are looking for.
Our Service Desk training courses are designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge essential to delivering an excellent customer support experience and also support organizations on their digital transformation journeys.
People and Teams
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Be aware of relationship building techniques and the need for cultural sensitivity.
- Discover the importance of collaboration, teamwork, customer relationships & cultural awareness across a global perspective.
- Explore the principles of good verbal, non-verbal, formal & informal communication skills, the benefits of active listening and the different ways which people communicate.
- Develop rapport with your colleagues & customers, understand the importance of good emotional intelligence & how this can aid conflict management & negotiation.
- Understand and develop emotional resilience to help detect & manage both positive & negative signs of stress.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Demonstrate the key leadership and management competencies needed to be a successful Service Desk Manager.
- Interface the service desk with other departments within IT, other processes and other standards to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IT.
- Create, support and deliver service desk processes and services to deliver exceptional customer service and value.
- Identify the elements of successful project management and the importance of building persuasive business cases, example the purpose and benefits of effective organizational change, identify opportunities for participation in strategic decision making, and review the knowledge requirements to build good strategic awareness.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Set standards for professionalism in customer service is the foundation of any successful service and support operation.
- Identify creative problem-solving techniques to develop new and alternative solutions to customer issues.
- Perform quality assurance activities, commonly used quality assurance practices, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics.
- Describe the purpose, objectives and components of successful feedback management.
The Service Desk Training courses are aimed at:
Don’t take our word for it! See what other learners have got to say
MEET OUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructors with industry and training experience
CAREER PATH & ADVICE
The career ladder is easier to climb when the path is clear. Explore the project management career paths and choose your path
Not sure which career to choose or which way to go? Book time with a Career Advisor for personal development.
END-TO-END SUPPORT & GUIDANCE
You are not alone. In addition to email, phone and live chat, we support learners with:
Get in touch
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have answers to some of your questions about the SDI-Service Desk training and certification
What is the virtual live Service Desk Training course all about?
Harrybaker's virtual live Service Desk training is an instructor-led live virtual training/course that is designed to give you a ‘wow’ learning experience. Participants in our virtual training leverage the power of technology to interact, assimilate, and share learning experiences.
How does Harrybaker’s virtual live Service Desk Training course work and what would I get?
To get the ‘wow’ learning experience, we have designed our virtual training into three distinct stages:
Before the Service Desk Training commences
- Joining instruction: Once you have registered for the course, we’ll send you a “Joining Instruction”. This contains information about the training, how to join the live class, and what you require to have a hitch-free live-course.
- Pre-course learning and assignment: We’ll send you the Service Desk Training pre-course (containing assignment). The details about the pre-course will be contained in the Joining Instruction. We expected you to submit your assignment before the live-class.
- Technical set-up and device testing: Our account managers will guide you through the testing of your device. They’ll also simulate the Service Desk virtual live class with you.
In the course of the Service Desk training
- Instructor-led virtual live class: The instructor will make learning fun and interactive by sharing his experience. To enhance learning, the live instructor will make use of screen-sharing, virtual whiteboard and other remote learning aids. In addition, participants will engage in activities such as group work, end-of-concept quizzes, and questions can be asked in the live session.
- Technical support: If you encounter any technical issue, our technical support will be happy to help.
- Assignments: You’ll be required to participate in individual and group assignments. The instructor will give specific instructions during the live class.
- Class recordings: We’ll record every live session. You’ll have access to the recorded session, after a session.
After the Service Desk training
- Study group: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”. At the completion of the live course, you have the option to join a study group.
- Class recordings: We’ll grant you 60-day access to all the class recordings.
- Course completion certificate: You’ll receive a course completion e-certificate at the end of the Service Desk training.
- Ongoing support: After the Service Desk training, should you require any help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Why opt for Harrybaker's virtual live Service Desk training course?
- Easy Assimilation
- Experienced Instructors: Our Service Desk training live virtual classes are led by experts and consultants. From their wealth of experience, they cite easy-to-understand real-life examples to drive home learning.
- Well-paced Delivery: No information overload! Our Service Desk training virtual class lasts 8 hours, with breaks in-between.
- Precourse, In-Course and Post-Course Engagement: Our Service Desk training is an immersive learning experience. It is laden with pre-course learning, individual assignments, group work, in-class exercises, end-of-concept quizzes and questions practices.
- Enhanced Knowledge Retention
- Immediate feedback: The instructor will provide feedback in the live class.
- Access to session recordings: Participants will be granted access to the class recordings.
- Peer-to-peer learning: Participants will be put into groups to foster peer-to-peer learning and reinforce learning.
- Highly Participative
- Weekly Team Lead responsibility: To foster collaboration among participants, groups will be created where each participant is expected to play the role of Team Lead at least once during the course.
- Course Fee: It costs less.
- Time: You save the time spent commuting to the training venue, as you can join the virtual sessions from your current location anywhere in the world.
- Travel: Enjoy savings on travel expenses (flight tickets etc).
- Accommodation: Enjoy savings on hotel/accommodation costs.
- Quality while leveraging technology: You can be sure of the same high standard of quality delivery when joining as the instructor will be with you live, as against recorded video sessions.
- Safety Guarantee: In consideration of the current health concerns of COVID-19, this presents you with learning from the comfort of your own home/location.
- Career Advancement: With our Service Desk Training, you can complete your learning in a specified number of days and get certified, as research shows that there is an ever-growing demand for certified project managers in today’s workplace.
Is the Service Desk exam included in the Service Desk training?
No, the Service Desk exam fee is NOT included in the training.
Will I get an official Service Desk manual?
No. However, you will only have access to the soft copy manual when you pay for the Service Desk.
How often is the Service Desk training held?
How often is the Service Desk training held?
How many days is the Service Desk training?
What time does the Service Desk training start each day?
Harrybaker's Service Desk Training (virtual instructor-led virtual), among other things, embodies flexibility in terms of time.
Therefore, your course start time depends on the session you opt for.
Kindly refer to the Service Desk training schedule to learn the start time for different sessions.
When does the Service Desk training end each day?
Kindly refer to the Service Desk training schedule to be sure of the timing for your session.
What time should I join the virtual live Service Desk Training session?
The Service Desk live virtual class becomes accessible to participants 30 minutes before the start time.
You are expected to have joined the training 10 minutes before the start time to allow some time to resolve any technical issues that may arise and avoid missing out on any part of the Service Desk training.
Are there technical requirements for the virtual live Service Desk Training course?
To join the Service Desk training (virtual live instructor-led training), you need:
- A computer or tablet or a smartphone. We highly recommend you use a computer (PC).
- A webcam (optional)
- A headset (or a microphone and speakers)
- A reasonably quiet place
- A reliable internet connection
- Zoom Meeting installed on your device. Although you can access Zoom on a mobile device or through your browser, we recommend the PC or Mac App for the best experience.
To set up the Zoom Meeting in preparation for the live session, follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Download Zoom application on your PC from https://zoom.us/support/download
- Step 2: Launch the Zoominstaller.exe file to install Zoom on your PC
- Step 3: Launch the Zoom App on the PC.
Detailed information is available on the Zoom website where you can also test whether your infrastructure meets the technical requirements.
What do I need to bring along for the Service Desk training?
Just like a typical classroom training, you would need a notepad, pen and other relevant Service Desk training materials which will be communicated to you.
Can I miss a class?
We expect you to attend all classes. However, if due to some unavoidable circumstances you miss a class, we have got you covered. The Service Desk training class sessions are recorded, so you have nothing to worry about.
What is the virtual live Service Desk training fee?
Please, refer to our Service Desk training schedule.
How do I register for the virtual live Service Desk training course as an individual?
To register, refer to the Service Desk training schedule above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any of your preferred sessions and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Registration is only complete when you make a part or full payment for the Service Desk training course.
How do I register for the virtual live Service Desk training course as an organisation?
To register your staff for the training, kindly refer to our Service Desk training above, then click on "ENROL NOW" for any session of your choosing and fill in your details. You can also register via mail, text or call.
Additionally, you will be required to confirm your delegates' availability for the course to secure a space for them in the class.
How do I make payment for the virtual live Service Desk Training course?
You can make payment in full or in instalment in the following ways:
- Cash payment at our office.
- Online transfer or Bank deposit to our corporate bank account below:
- Bank: Zenith Bank Plc.
- Account number: 1014180706
- Account name: Harrybaker Training Institute
Can I pay for the virtual live Service Desk training course in installment?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, complete payment is required for admittance into the Service Desk virtual class.
How does Harrybaker help with enrollment?
We send documents such as invoices, course enrolment letters, registration letters, etc. that will speed up your process of attending the Service Desk training.
What does the self-paced Service Desk training consist of?
Our self-paced Service Desk training course contains the following:
- Quizzes with different question styles that help to test your understanding
- Exam practice questions that will familiarise you with the real exam.
- Progress monitoring (which keeps tab on how your learning is going)
- Play, stop and pause that puts you in total control of your learning
- Excellent instructor support
How do I subscribe for the self-paced Service Desk training course
To subscribe, you are required to make payment. Once your payment is confirmed, you will be sent your login details which gives you access to our learning portal.
Can I pay in installments for the self-paced Service Desk training course?
Yes, you can pay in installments. However, access to the Service Desk training course will only be granted when you make complete payment.
Do I need a special device to access the self-paced Service Desk training course content?
No, you do not need any special device to access the course. You can access the Service Desk training content on different devices (e.g. PC, tablet, phone, etc.).
What do I do if I am unable to access the self-paced Service Desk training course content?
Although this happens in rare cases, kindly send us a mail or call us should you find it difficult to log in or any other issue for that matter.
At the completion of the self-paced Service Desk training, what kind of certificate would I get?
At the completion of the Service Desk self-paced learning course, you would get a course completion certificate.
Is the self-paced Service Desk training course enough to pass the Service Desk exam?
Emphatically, yes! Our self-paced Service Desk training covers the entire Service Desk exam syllabus with carefully arranged videos, end-of-chapter quizzes and exam practice questions.
How does the Service Desk exam registration option work?
As the name suggests, it involves paying for the exam registration in dollars
Service Desk Analyst exam - $275
Service Desk Manager exam - $275
(Kindly note that these prices may change from time to time. Please, refer to the Pricing section).
Once payment is made for the exam only, we’ll grant you access to our self-paced eLearning (which is accessible via our online learning portal) for 7 days after which you can sit your exam at your own preferred date.
How do I book for the Service Desk exam?
You do not need to worry about the exam booking. We’ll book your exam once you make payment. However, we need up to three days prior notice before the date you want to sit your exam. This is to enable us to book your exam.
How do I register for the Service Desk exam?
Once we book the exam, you will receive an email from Peoplecert to complete the registration for the exam.
How soon can I sit the Service Desk exam after making payment?
You have the flexibility to choose when you want to sit your can. You can sit the Service Desk exam whenever you choose provided you are well prepared for it.
What does the Service Desk exam fee cover?
The Service Desk exam fee covers:
- 7-day eLearning access
- Exam registration
- Ongoing support
What is Service Desk?
Aligned with ITIL4, Service Desk compliments most service management frameworks and support models while focussing on building relationships to ensure customer needs are met within agreed service levels. The Service Desk Standards provide an end-to-end competency model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled IT services and enhance the SDM role, enabling IT support to play a crucial role in the wider business IT strategy.
Visit our “What is Service Desk?” page to learn more.
What are Service Desk prerequisites?
There are no formal requirements for sitting the Service Desk Analyst and Service Desk Manager exams.
In addition, there are no requirements for attending the Service Desk training.
Of what benefit is Service Desk to me?
The benefits of the Service Desk qualification are numerous; some of which are:
- It increases your employment prospects.
- It signifies your professionalism and project management proficiency thereby increasing your earning potential.
- It increases your self confidence
To know more about how the Service Desk qualification will benefit you, see our ‘Service Desk Benefits’ page.
Of what benefit is Service Desk to my organization?
The following highlights some of the benefits of Service Desk to any organization:
- IT alignment: Service Desk Standards provide an end-to-end competency model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled IT services and enhance the SDM role, enabling IT support to play a crucial role in the wider business IT strategy.
- Improved communication: Service Desk provides a common language for employees. Improved communication brought about by Service Desk fosters cohesion and unity of team members, as well as, departments.
- Better business performance: Adopting Service Desk within an organization helps to improve business performance by doing things in a methodical way in tandem with global best practices.
Please click here to learn more.
What kind of certificate would I get from Service Desk Institute?
If you are successful in the Service Desk exam, you will get both the electronic copy of your certificate from Service Desk Institute (SDI), the Service Desk coordinating body.
What’s the difference between Service Desk Analyst and Service Desk Manager Certifications?
Both the Service Desk Analyst and Service Desk Manager Certifications are from the Service Desk Institute. They are both intended for service desk professionals and aspiring professionals.
The Service Desk Analyst (SDA) is designed to provide a service desk and support analysts with the skills to work consistently within industry recognized standards and in-line with best practices guidelines.
The SDA qualification certifies an individual’s knowledge of customer service and support competencies
On the other hand, the Service Desk Manager (SDM) is designed for existing or aspiring service desk managers and supervisors wishing to develop their understanding of service management best practice and the most efficient ways of running an effective IT support operation.